I hope you had a great time last week getting to know my fellow contributors over at Or so she says in our Getting to Know blog hop! I know I had a fun time visiting with everyone and getting to know them better 🙂
Today, we’re hosting an awesome event together~ Favorite Books and Vacation Giveaway!
How many times, in your stressful life, have you dreamed about laying out on the beach with a great book? ‘Or so she says…’ to the rescue! So, to further expand on our favorites, all of the OSSS contributors got together to give away their favorite books, perfect for summer reading! The coolest part is, one person will win EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. That’s right, the whole bundle! That’s 15 books, yo. Oh, but it gets better. Get Away Today, the greatest travel agency ever and ‘Or so she says…’ contributor, offered another winner a 3-night hotel stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice) with their choice of two adult theme park tickets… PLUS, they get the 15 book bundle too!
Lets go over those prizes again:
Grand Prize Winner: 15 ‘Contributors’ Favorite Books’ Bundle PLUS a 3-night hotel stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice) with their choice of two adult theme park tickets! Vacation courtesy of Get Away Today.
Runner Up: 15 ‘Contributors’ Favorite Books’ Bundle (details of books below.)
Ready to enter? So, all we ask is for you to follow ‘Or so she says…’ and the contributors on Pinterest. We are all pin-maniacs and know you’ll love the great ideas we send your way. After you enter, be sure to scroll down and check out all the books included in the giveaway. It’s so fun to see what each contributor picked as her favorite book!
1. Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley ~ “This book was not what I expected…it surpassed what I was hoping for. Mystery, romance and intrigue. Great characters and an interesting plot. It was a great read and perfect for summer reading!” Jana of Double the Deliciousness
3. These is My Words by Nancy Turner “While I’m a country/ farm girl at heart, I can’t even begin to imagine what the early settlers went through! I love how they worked the land, built their own homes, and made everything from scratch! And I’m always up for a good love story! Jack and Sarah’s won’t disappoint!” Brooke of Blissful Roots
4. The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino – “Aw, I love this book! It’s a super unique book, in that it’s a parable, teaching you how to be a better person, but also an activity book. Each chapter, you read over and over, until you master the character trait. It’s a great story with lots of great thoughts. I think I highlighted half the book!” Mariel of ‘Or so she says…‘
5. Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray “Eat Cake will make it’s way into your list of favorite books, it’s a quick and enjoyable read. I love this book for more reasons than the fact that the main character shares my name! It’ll have you laughing and crying- all at the same time! If you’re like me and have a unexplainable urge to bake… you’ll totally connect with Eat Cake!” Ruthie of Cooking with Ruthie
6. Wonder by RJ Palacio – “My 9-year-old daughter recommended Wonder to me and I enjoyed it just as much as she did. This is a compelling novel that is fun and easy enough for summer, but also intelligent and thought-provoking. Share it with your family when you are finished!” Allison of Tips for Family Trips
7. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin – “I love this book because it is getting me to think deeper about what I do to bring happiness upon myself. I am a happy person, but am loving the new outlook and am loving making new goals to make myself really live a happy life.” Kiki of Kiki and Company
8. Happier by Tal Ben-Shahar – “It’s easy to think that once a certain thing happens, I’ll be happy. Well, this book provides little life secrets to be happier each and every day. It is applicable for every life stage. It has changed my way of thinking about happiness.” Melissa of So Festive!
9. Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson – “Sometimes a mom just needs a good, quick, easy summer read to distract her from doing more laundry or to keep her busy during swim lessons. If you love a good Jane Austen romance, you will love this book! Set in Jane Austen’s English countryside of 1820, this romance will keep you quickly turning the pages as you watch Kate’s struggle to learn to follow her heart!” Veronica of Lolly Lu Designs
10. Leadership and Self- Deception – “Do you want to know the secret to having a happy and successful family and marriage? Want to know how to have successful relationships with anyone you come in contact with? Leadership and Self-deception holds the key to mending, strengthening and flourishing in all of your relationships. This book is a life changer- Promise!” Heather of Family Volley
11. Surprise Inside Cakes by Amanda Rettke – “It’s a beautiful book of cakes and it’s full of cake decorating tips for the everyday bake. Amazing cakes for every special occasion, all with a little surprise on the inside.” Zainab of Blahnik Baker
13. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaleo Hosseini – “I read this as part of a book club and it has stuck with me ever since. It is a beautifully written, emotionally gripping story of two Afghan women’s suffering, strength, and resilience. What I love most about it is the way it celebrates the strength of the human spirit – a beautiful thing!” Cathy of Lemon Tree Dwelling
14. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella – “A light, charming book by the author of the popular Shopaholic series. This clever romantic comedy makes for a fun and easy summer read, by the pool or on the beach!” Samantha of Five Heart Home
15. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale – “I loved this simple story that has some fun little twists. My favorite part is that my daughter loved this book as much as I did. I love being able to enjoy the same books as my daughter. This is one that was enjoyable for us both!” Holly of Bits of Everything
Bonus Book! Food Storage by Angel Paskett – “Everyone should be prepared on some level, and this is the book that can help answer your questions and get you there. It begins with the basics and answers almost any question you have with getting started. I wish I had this a few years ago, but glad I have it now!” Jamie from Prepared Housewives
Longest post of your life? Maybe! But, it’s worth it. Good luck to you!
Fine print: Must be U.S. resident and 18 years or older to enter. Vacation package must be booked at least 60 days in advance and is subject to availability and some blackout dates. This post contains affiliate links.