Happy Fit Friday!!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! This week Nichole has an awesome Leg Workout for us ~ A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from her keep us healthy and happy all winter long.
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
Last week we did some killer abs. Today we are working on the lower half of that body, we are talking legs everyone. Some people are genetically blessed, some people work at it, and the ones with really great legs are the ones that do are both genetically blessed and are willing to work. Today we are working ’em!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Apple Orange Cranberry Swiss Muesli is a simple, healthy, and delicious breakfast recipe!
I love Swiss Muesli! It’s such a healthy breakfast plus I love that it’s simple to make too! Just make sure to plan for some soak-time; at least an hour or it can go overnight. This is a winter spin on the Swiss Muesli recipe I got from Chef Franz who taught my Garde Mange class in Culinary School.
I think Swiss Muesli is the perfect week day breakfast; it keeps for several days in the fridge so make up a batch and then enjoy it all week long! You can throw in whatever dried fruit or nuts you have hanging around the pantry too. I just like to add about equal amouts of dried fruit and nuts then add in a fresh apple, orange, or pear…. you get the idea! Make it work with the ingredients you have on hand or according to your preferences.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup dried orange flavored cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 red apple, small diced
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-3 Tbsp agave, adjust according to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- additional fruit and nuts to garnish, if desired
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl; mix to combine.
- Add milk and yogurt, mix well.
- Rest Muesli in fridge for at least 1 hour but can go over night.
- Adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit
Apple Orange Cranberry Swiss Muesli is a favorite of mine~ it never last long around my kitchen!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie