Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix or Strawberry Cake Mix (photo used strawberry)
- 1⅓ C Guava juice
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ C Vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz) neufatchel cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ C Sugar 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 (12oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 C Guava juice
- ½ C Sugar
- ¼ C Cornstarch
- Bake cake according to package directions, substituting guava juice for water.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat in.
- Slowly fold in the Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the 2 cups guava juice and sugar to a boil.
- Make a paste out of the cornstarch and a small amount of water.
- Remove guava juice from heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Return to heat and bring back to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- To assemble cooled cake:
- Thickly ice the cake with all of the cream cheese mixture.
- Glaze the top of the cake with guava gel.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
* adapted from Polynesian Kitchen
How fun is this Guava Cake for Valentines Day? All pink and everything… isn’t it just perfect! Enjoy 🙂