I had such a fun time making this DIY Kids Ice Cream Bar on Fox13 with Big Budha… these interactive kitchen craft/recipes are a such a fun summer activity with the kids!
I also got to meet these super amazing US Nordic Ski Jump Team members! They told me that “you only free-fall for 7 seconds… AND it’s not scary cuz the air is supporting you!” WHAT?! That is why they’re so awesome!
Here are the links to recipes…
Enjoy… DIY Kids Ice Cream Bar on Fox13!!
Lots of Love,
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons salt, table salt
- 2 quart size zip-loc freezer bags
- 1 gallon size zip-loc freezer bag
- a hand towel to keep fingers from freezing!
- Mix the milk, vanilla, and sugar together in one of the quart-sized bags. Seal tightly, allowing as little air to remain in the bag as possible. Place this bag inside the second quart-sized bag, again leaving as little air as possible. By double bagging, the risk of salt and ice leaking into the ice cream is minimal. Put the quart-sized bag inside the gallon-sized bag, add ice, and then sprinkle salt on top of ice. Let all the air out and seal the bag. Wrap in a hand towel, shake and massage the bag for 7-8 minutes. The mixture will turn into ice cream- open and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 26049mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g