Lemon Coconut White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are moist and delicious summertime or anytime cookie! Make a batch of these delightful cookies and watch the whole family smile with each bite 🙂
We’ve had so much rain this past week and even some snow again on the mountains- I’m happy to be seeing sunshine today. I’m so not complaining at all- we’ve needed the moisture really badly this year, we had such a mild winter that we’ll gladly take every drop Mother Nature wants to send our way! But with all this sunshine I just couldn’t help but bake up a batch of my Lemon Coconut White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I love this flavor combination- coconut with a hint of lemon and chunks of white chocolate chunks all wrapped up in a cookie. It’s pretty darn close to heavenly, if you ask me! They’ll make everyday bright and sunny no matter what Mother Nature decides to send your way.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid form
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, appox 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups whole grain oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 8oz bar white chocolate, rough chopped into chunks
- sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift flour, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Add granulated sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; mixing well and scraping down bowl with each addition.
- Add water, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix.
- Add flour mixture all at once and mix to 80% incorporated.
- Add oats and coconut; mix just until combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop or drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with sea salt.
- Bake 9 minutes, remove and allow cookies to rest for 1 minute on sheet before moving to cooling rack.
- Cookies will not look done- only lightly browned on edges.
Lemon Coconut White Chocolate Chunk Cookies brought a huge smile to every mouth that savored one and that’s one of the best parts of baking, right?!
Sharing the love from our kitchens with the people in our lives… makes everybody happy, happy!! These cookies will be sure to spread lots of love and joy to your family and friends! Enjoy.
Much Love and Peace~