Let me introduce y’all to Miss Jocelyn from Caramel Potatoes.com
She’s the newest member of our Creative Team and I’m soooo excited she’ll be coming to share with us each month!
I won’t keep you waiting any longer~ Jocelyn’s Mango Macadamia Bars look like just what your next summer-time gathering is looking for…
I am so excited to be here — Thanks a million Ruthie!! I get to blog at caramelpotatoes.com along with my mom all the time. It is so exciting to get to know so many other great cooks. Since I am the new girl, I thought there is a very simple truth that needs to be shared – I am in love with SUMMER! Anything and everything to do with summer.
The days are longer.
An abundance of fresh fruit.
Spending the day at the pool with my kids.
And the list could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. However, I live in Colorado and don’t get me wrong we have great summers, but they just seem to be so short. So, I have to make the most of them while I can. In fact, really we have a very short summer. My kids are out of school for two months exactly, not a day longer and not a day shorter. So summer goes by way too fast.
These Mango Macadamia Bars scream summer. With ground macadamia nuts ground right into the crust –YUM!! A fresh mango in the filling and topped with coconut. It is just a little tropical vacation in my mouth!
These macadamia nuts happen to be straight from Hawaii. Of course if Hawaii is not in your near future run to the nearest grocery store now, because these bars are going to be calling your name. I know they are calling mine and they just seem to disappear as fast as I cut them.
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 1/4 cup flour, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place nuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, powdered sugar and salt; process until blended.
- Add the butter and pulse just until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a clean food processor or blender, combine mango and orange marmalade; process until smooth.
- Add sugar and remaining 1/4 cup flour; process until combined.
- Add eggs and lemon zest; process until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 23-28 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
We love Macadamia Nuts and here is another great recipe –
Here are a couple of other delicious recipes you’ll love too….