Maw Maw’s Potato Salad is a Southern savory side dish that I wanted to share with y’all! It’s soooo good.
My best friend, Carol Ray, her folks, our 2 fishermen-boy’s, and I just spent a relaxing couple of days in Star Valley, Wy. It was kick-back-country living to the this city girl…
Have you been to Afton, Wyoming? It’s breath taking- just SO beautiful! I tried to capture some of it to bring home and share 🙂
Let me introduce you to Maw Maw- she’s the sweetest little southern lady you ever will meet! (AND she makes a prettty mean potato salad too). Maw Maw and Paw Paw are visiting from Texas for a few weeks, they are Carol Ray’s (center in photo) parents.
We were chillaxing most of the time but I wanted to share some of our outings with you…
Come along with me on my morning photography-run (or walk/run/stop/take pictures and not get much excercise, was a little more like it)…
If you’re ever in the neighborhood, you gotta hit Main Street and maybe give a couple of these restaurants a try…
Don’t cha dare miss the Chowder in a Sour Dough Bread Bowl at Rocky Mountain Sea Food either- YUMMO!!
Oh… and you just might be lucky enough to snap a photo with an awesome classic car like Carol and I, this is a Crosley Metropolitian. (so says Paw Paw who knows every make, model, and year of automobile out there!)
You’ll also enjoy a beautiful little 1 1/2 mile round-trip hike with gentle terrain that the whole family will absolutley LOVE, it’s just up one of the canyons in town called Swift Creek.
This is my fisherman son, Jake…
AND now back to our delicous recipe for the day, we enjoyed this Potato Salad on our trip…
- 8 red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 8ounces dill relish, strained
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup mayonaise, add more if necessary
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil potatoes until fork inserts easily, drain, cool, refriderate over night.
- Maw-Mawl place eggs in cold water, bring boil for 2 minutes, remove from heat and cover with lid, let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse cold water. Refriderate.
- Scrape the peels off the potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place into large mxing bowl.
- Remove shells from eggs, cut into 1/4 inch cubes, place into bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Place in fridge until serving.
- Enjoy Maw-Mawl's southern potato salad!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
You will be lovin’ Maw Maw’s Potato Salad as much as the rest of did- it’s a little bit of a twist on a classic summer side dish 🙂
Stay tuned until Monday for more fun from of our Star Valley, Wyoming vacation and of course another fabulous recipe too!