This is my Jake, he’s the youngest of my kiddos, AND he just so happens to know his way around the kitchen! (which I LOVE about him.)
The other day he got home from school and started baking away in the kitchen… Jake’s Triple Decker Cake was what came out of it 🙂
I thought it would be fun to share with invention with y’all… it was a delightfully wonderful dessert!
- 2 yellow cake mixes
- 1 package neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1 8 oz container light cool whip
- Brown Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 C butter
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3- 4 Tbsp milk
- Prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Bake in three 9inch round cake pans, generously coated with cooking spray. Bake, let cakes cool for 5 minutes, turn out onto cooling racks, cool completely.
- Once cool make filling and frosting below.
- In a small mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth, add cool whip, mix until combined.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the top bump of 2 of the cake layers so they are level.
- Place one layer on serving platter, spread with half of filling, add second cut layer on top, spread with remaining filling, place top layer of un-cut cake on top.
- Prepare frosting recipe and
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, melt butter continue stirring until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1 C powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla; whisk.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Quickly pour onto top layer of cake, spread to cover top, and let in drizzle down sides of cake.
- (it will not cover sides completely)
- Frosting sets up as it cools.
Jake’s Triple Decker Cake is like a party in your mouth… the whole family will LOVE it!
Maybe your kiddos will want to give a helping hand in the kitchen with this one too.
Happy Tuesday and Happy Baking!