Who doesn’t love a good cookie now and again?
I definitely have to get my cookie fix AND what better way than these flaky and mouth-watering Magelby’s Toffee Chip Cookies!
Mmmm hmmmm. YUM!
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C butter
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 C 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C English toffee bits
- 1/2 C chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl combine salt, baking soda, and flour; mix.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl cream shortening and butter.
- Add sugars; mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and scrape down bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix to 80% incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips, toffee chips, and nuts.
- Mix just until incorporated.
- Drop by Tbsp onto prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on rack.
- Make sure not to over bake them!
This recipe is a copycat version that’s adapted from a local restaurant where I live called Magleby’s… these cookies are AMAZING! You’ll love them.
I hope these Magelby’s Toffee Chip Cookies hit that I-need-chocolate-spot for y’all… they just can’t be beat!
Happy Monday and Happy Baking too!
PS- I shared this recipe over at the36thAVENUE too 🙂