We are in the kitchen with Liz from A Sweet Baker today and she has brought another delicious recipe to share with us!
I’ll let her take it from here…
Hi everyone! I’m back again this month with a delicious cookie recipe that you’ll want to add to your recipe box. I was a bit skeptical at first when I read the recipe (because I don’t like nuts in my baking) but I’m so glad that I made them. It’s definitely a keeper in my house, even with the nuts!
These cookies have a little bit everything in them that I found I used up a bunch of odds and ends in my baking cupboard. I added butterscotch chips, oats, coconut, crispy rice cereal and slivered almonds. You really could add in any little extras you have hanging around and I’m sure these cookies would turn out great.
A while back I was in the Bulk Food store and I noticed the butterscotch chips and thought I’d give them a try again. Normally I don’t care for them because I find they have quite an artificial taste. I tried them out on my boys before making this recipe and they both thought they tasted gross. I didn’t want to throw them out so I tossed them into these cookies and guess what? They didn’t even know they were in there! I quite enjoyed them as well. They blend so nicely with all the other flavors that the cookies taste great!
Well, the next time we chat the summer holidays will be almost over! I hope you go out and enjoy every minute of the sunshine and great weather with friends and family! I know I’ll be making the most of every minute we have! 🙂
Crispy Polynesian Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add butter, oil, both sugars, egg and vanilla. Blend on medium speed until mixture is creamy.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in butterscotch chips, oats, cereal, coconut and almonds.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough about 2-3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Recipe adapted from Hershey’s Best-Ever Cookies
Oh my goodness… Liz’s Crispy Polynesian Butterscotch Cookies look delightful!
I am always excited to see what Liz brings to share with us each month!
Have you been over to A Sweet Baker? She’ll be sure to take care of all your sweet-tooth’s needs.
Here a few other recipes from Liz for you to enjoy…
Thanks so much to Liz for being one of our monthly contributors! I love having her come and visit and share mouth-watering recipes with us.
Happy Friday everybody!! Yee-haw
xoxo~ Liz and Ruthie