Tarragon Chicken Dish tastes and looks and feels like spring! It’s simply one of those recipes that you savor and can’t help but give a nice Hmmm, mmmm 🙂 … with every bite!!
Tarragon Chicken Dish is delicious and healthy and you’ll really love the hint of Tarragon in there… it’s a wonderful spring time combination! AND I love it when every kid in the house wants seconds! They all give Tarragon Chicken Dish 2 thumbs up!!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 new potatoes, sliced 1/2" thick
- 4 carrots, scrub and trim and diagonally cut 1 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 inch cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 C chicken broth, or 1 tsp chicken base and water
- 1/4 C lowfat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh tarragon, snip leaves and stock
- In extra large frying pan warm oil over medium high heat.
- Evenly layer potatoes and then carrots.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook 5-6 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp; stirring often. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In same skillet add chicken, salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 3 minutes until browned, stirring.
- Add broth and asparagus; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Increase heat to medium high, stir in sour cream and tarragon, return vegetable mixture to pan, stir to coat.