I thought I’d share these Valentine 3-2-1 Cookies since Valentines is practically around the corner… I seriously can’t believe how fast time flies these days!! Crazy-ness, I tell ya! I think I’ll sprinkle in a few Valentines ideas between now and the BIG day just to make it fun : )
This cookie recipe is called 3-2-1 cookies because it takes 3- eggs, 2- boxes of cake mix, 1- container of light cool whip and WHA-LA!! You have some pretty cool looking cookies to share with neighbors, friends, or family! AND lets not forget about how great they taste either…
Valentine 3-2-1 Cookies
2 (8oz) cherry chip boxed cake mixes
1 (8oz) container light whipped topping
1 C powdered sugar
1 package large conversation heart candies
In a large mixing bowl. combine eggs, cake mixes, and whipped topping; mix well.
Chill dough for at least an hour. Drop by Tablespoonfuls into powdered sugar; coat thoroughly and roll into balls with hands. Place on sprayed cookie sheet. Press one conversation heart candy into each cookie. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes just until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 4-5 minutes until set enough to transfer to rack. Freeze well. Yields: 60
* This recipe also works well with lemon or chocolate cake mix. (Just X the conversation hearts any other time of year!)
My daughter, Kate, took these Valentine 3-2-1 Cookies to her Yearbook class yesterday… when she said she needed a “homemade” treat, these quickly came to mind since it was late and I didn’t want to stay up all night making them!
- 3 eggs
- 2 8oz cherry chip boxed cake mixes
- 1 8oz container light whipped topping
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 package large confectioners heart candies
- In a large mixing bowl. combine eggs, cake mixes, and whipped topping; mix well.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls into powdered sugar; coat thoroughly and roll into balls with hands.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes just until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 4-5 minutes until set enough to transfer to rack.
- Freezes well.
- Yields: 60