I went to a demonstration class the other night, these Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes were one of the things that were made. They’re a fun idea for cocoa stirring stick or yummy all by themselves! I thought they were a cute and fun idea for my girls to give their friends. We hurried and whipped up some Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes when I got home so they could take them to school the next day! We wrapped them in a small cellophane bag and tied it with a bow. Gifted the Chocolate dipped Candy Canes with an individual packet of hot chocolate. I thought I’d share this cute idea for neighbors, friends, or co-workers…
|Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes|
|Remove candy cane wrappers|
|Pour white chocolate chips into microwaveable bowl|
|Add 1 Tbsp oil|
|Microwave 30 seconds|
|Stir, microwave 15 seconds, stir. Repeat until creamy and smooth|
|Dip curved end of candy cane into chocolate, use spoon to cover.|
|Let some chocolate drip off|
|Place on wax paper|
|Melt milk chocolate in similar manner as white chocolate|
|Drizzle with spoon over white chocolate part of candy cane|
|Let set until firm|
|Give as gifts with individual cocoa packets or yummy as is!!|
These Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes would be a really fun Christmas Eve activity to keep excited kids entertained!! I’m sure Santa would like one with his Hot Chocolate, too!! Many thanks to Angie Hodes for this cute idea. They were a hit with our family and friends : )
- 24 candy canes
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Carefully remove candy canes from wrappers.
- Spread out a sheet of waxed paper on counter.
- In small microwaveable bowl melt white chocolate with 1 Tbls oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave 15 seconds, stir well, repeat if necessary until creamy and smooth.
- Dip the curve half of the candy cane in the white chocolate, using a spoon to cover. Place on waxed paper to set.
- Melt milk chocolate, 1 tsp oil in similar manner.
- Drizzle over white chocolate on candy canes.
- Let set until white chocolate is firm.
- (Enjoy as a hot cocoa stir stick or all by it's self)