Our cute little daughter, Abbie, made me a cookbook for last Mother’s Day….
She got the recipes from her Home Ec class at school and has made some of them for our family. I asked her to make a couple again so we could post them on my blog! This Stir Fry is perfect for kids to learn to chop vegetables and use the stove. She did a really great job! Everyone loves this dish so help your kids give it a try 🙂
|Breaking up Ramen Packets|
|Combine veggies, noodles, and seasoning packets|
|Add water (stand back a little– it can sputter!)|
|Cook 3-5 minutes! Serve!!|
Abbie’s Stir Fry
Makes 4-6 servings
1 c. Chopped broccoli
1 c. Chopped cauliflower
1 Chopped Carrot
1 Chopped Celery
1 Chopped Celery
2 pkg. Chicken flavored Ramen
Nonstick Veggie Spray
2-3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce (optional)
1 2/3 c. Water
1. Wash broccoli and cauliflower. Cut into small bite size pieces.
2. Peel and slice carrot really thin.
3. Before opening the ramen packets, crush packet and break up noodles.
4. Spray frying pan with nonstick veggie spray. Heat pan on medium heat for 30 sec.
5. Add veggies to pan, stir fry for one minute.
6. Stir in the broken noodles, contents of the seasoning packets, and the water.
7. Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer with the lid on for 3-5 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed. Stir twice during cooking.
8. Serve. Add soy sauce if desired.
This is a really good recipe to start kids off in the kitchen! Very kid-friendly and dinner the whole family will enjoy 🙂
- Holiday Overnight Oats Recipe
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Gouda & Kale Salad Recipe
- Cranberry White Chocolate Artisan Bread Recipe
- Strawberry Mint Sorbet Recipe
- Lemoncello Vodka Martini Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Nutra Ninja Coconut Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Cadbury Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe