I came up with this recipe a couple of summers ago because no matter how hard I try, I always end up with gigantic zucchini!
I prefer zucchini small… probably about 4-5 inches long or so. I seriously check and double check to find them all but somehow I end up missing a few and when I finally find them they’ve grown to be baseball bat sized!
Those giant zucchini are exactly what you need for this Grilled Zucchini Bruschetta. This savory appetiser with an Italian twist is a crowd pleaser for sure!
Grilled Zucchini Bruschetta
- 1 gigantic sized zucchini cut into 3/4 inch rounds (I got 9 slices)
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes I used Mr. Stripey
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 14 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- basil leaves for garnish
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place zucchini rounds on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Grill 3-4 minutes per side or until edges are slightly softened and grill marked.
- To chiffonade basil leaves- stack, roll, and thinly slice with a sharp knife.
- Place a slice mozzarella, slice of tomato, and sprinkle of basil on each zucchini round.
- Place each appetizer on serving plate, sprinkle with additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Grill Zucchini Bruschetta is just perfect for those ginormous zucchini… you’ll be SO happy to have a new way to get your grillin’ on this summer!