Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa
Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa is a healthy and flavorful dinner the whole family will adore!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp 41/50 shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 cups green cabbage rough chopped
- 2 cups russet potatoes 1 inch cubed
- 1 green pepper 1 inch cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup sweet chili pepper sauce (I like trader joes)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- *if you prefer more heat use red pepper flakes in place of black pepper
- 3 cups quinoa cooked
Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and allow to warm and coat pan.
When oil gets hot and close to the smoking point, add onion and garlic; stirring constantly until lightly browned.
Add potatoes cook for 4-5 minutes until tender firm; stirring. Add green cabbage and peppers; cook 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook 1 minute per side, add white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are pink in color and translucent.
Add sweet chili pepper sauce and toss to coat, remove from heat.
Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Serve over prepared quinoa and Enjoy!