Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies
Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies are a healthier way to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 2/3 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar or replacer
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour plus more if needed to make formable dough
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 cups dark chocolate chunks optional
- 1 tsp cardamom spice optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat butter 2 minutes until creamy, add sugar; beat additional 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time; cream well and scrape bowl.
Add sourdough starter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and cardamom spice
Press into the bottom of prepared 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.