Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini's
Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini's will make you the talk of the town, they'll be your favorite go-to appetizer!! www.cookingwithruthie.com
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh purple basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 baguette cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil for toasting crostini's
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- sea salt to garnish
Preheat oven to high broil.
Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Repeat if necessary; set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine olives, basil, thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt, and white balsamic vinegar; toss to combine.
When ready to serve, spread Ricotta Cheese on each crostini, top with approximately a teaspoon of olive tapenade mixture, fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.