Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini’s will make you the talk of the town, they’ll be your favorite go-to appetizer!!
We love it when Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on our FABULOUS Fit Friday’s!!!! YAY. We’ve loved collaborating with Nichole and all of her awesome-fitness inspiration for 4 years now and we just love her! We love bringing you healthy food + fitness every Friday! 🙂
Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini’s are an awesome appetizer to along with you… wherever you happen to be going! Whether it be to football tailgating, end of the summer soirees, or just having a few family and friends over for an evening at home. You’ll love this simple appetizer!
We love our Homemade Ricotta Cheese (and it’s SO simple and tastes like creamy heaven!) but, if you find yourself running short on time then the store-bought kind will work too!
School is in and that means all the mamma’s are getting back into their own routines, routines that include working out and having lives that don’t 100% evolve around older kids and all of their going-ons.
With all of that being said let’s talk about how awesome today’s workout is. We are doing a circuit using weights and the treadmill. I would recommend the treadmill vs a track because part of the fun of this circuit and increasing the incline as we go.
Included in this circuit is also man makers, if you don’t remember this move or you have successfully blocked it out of your mind go ahead and refer to past workouts. There are a lot of steps to this move, take it slow and get them all in.
This workout is to be repeated 5-8 times, pay attention to how you are feeling. If you are flying through this workout feel free to go for all eight rounds, if you are struggling or on time crunch stick with five rounds.
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Take a look at our Butternut Squash and Apple Street Tacos, Greek Feta and Roasted Pepper Spread, AND the kiddos will love our Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf!
Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini’s are the bomb.com + some! We promise you’ll love them!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh purple basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil for toasting crostini's
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Repeat if necessary; set aside.
- Olive Tapenade:
- In a mixing bowl combine olives, basil, thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt, and white balsamic vinegar; toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, spread Ricotta Cheese on each crostini, top with approximately a teaspoon of olive tapenade mixture, fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.