Pulled Pork Sliders with Pineapple Slaw is fabulous to make for big summer gatherings- it’ll be a hit!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is hanging out with us on this FABULOUS Fit Friday!!!! YAY
Pulled Pork Sliders with Pineapple Slaw is a mouth-watering combination that will WOW the whole crowd. . . everywhere you take them! As an appetizer or on a slider bun they’re a fabulous way to feed a crowd or if you are feeding a smaller group then serve them on full-size buns, either way, they’ll be the star of the show!
There is so much more to being fit and healthy than can be found in the perfect sweat session. Being healthy is an overall being and doesn’t just mean you have a low resting heart rate, get in daily exercise, and eat clean. No, a truly healthy individual also needs to like who they are. Today’s fit tips are focusing more on what it means to have a good self image.
My oldest bonus girl is getting ready to hit junior high. She is one step closer to being a teen and all that entails. If she can make it through junior high and onto high school confident in who she is I would be more ecstatic than I can express.
Here are my top 5 tips for improving your self image:
1) Be mindful; Be aware of the thoughts in your head and the actions or emotions they stir up. When a negative thought pops in recognize it and challenge it, change it.
2) Avoid compare and despair pits; There will always be someone that seems to have it all together, to have the perfect life. They don’t. They have filters that allow the world to only see that they want them to see. You don’t have their whole story, I promise.
3) Channel your inner rockstar; We all have talents and things we are better at, embrace yours and celebrate them. Don’t hide them and certainly don’t discount them.
4) Forgiveness; This is one of the most important tips on here. You cannot soar if you are being held down with chains of hate and anger. I love the Buddhist meditation on forgiveness;
“If I have hurt or harmed anyone, knowingly or unknowingly, I ask forgiveness. If anyone has hurt or harmed me, knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive them. For the ways I have hurt myself, knowingly or unknowingly, I offer forgiveness.”
It has been studied and proven that forgiving others has a profound affect on self-esteem and self-image.
5) Remember that you are not your circumstance; You have the power to change your circumstance, to change your story.
Self-image is not some silly hippy thing. Believing in your self, loving yourself, is one of the most important parts of being healthy, being fit. If you can have a strong, positive self-image many of the other aspects of fitness and health will come.
We love to serve sliders at our family and friend gatherings because they’re the perfect size for kids and adults can just grab two!
Pulled Pork Sliders with Pineapple Slaw is a fabulous meal for a crowd!
Happy Fit Friday!
Nichole, Ruthie, and Madeliene
- BBQ Rub: 1 pint
- 1 cup paprika
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup onion powder
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 2 T salt
- 1 T whole dried thyme
- 1 T mustard powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Mix all
- Pulled Pork:
- 1 (7
pound) pork bostonbutt
- Salt and Pepper
- Place Boston butt in a crock pot.
- Rub with BBQ rub and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook on low for 8 hours.
- Pull pork apart with tongs or forks and add all juices back to the meat.
- Pineapple Slaw: 2 cups
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients together and let
mixturesit for 15 minutes before use.
- slider buns
- Place 1.5-2 oz pulled pork on each slider bun.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce, place a large pinch of slaw on top, and serve.