Carrot Bundt Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting in celebration of Miss Madeliene’s happy birthday… today!
Oh and we can’t forget that it’s also Fit Friday today!!! Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness has some great stuff to share with us!
Carrot Bundt Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is Madeliene’s FAVORITE cake!! She loves it. I love to “skinny” dessert recipes. It’s just what I do! I love to make those calories count where I want them! Here are some more healthy desserts for you– Blueberry Crumble, Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding, & Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes!
Now for some Fit Tips..
This week’s fit tips is all about trail running. Why? And how? These are just a few simple tips for beginners or great reminders for those of you that are veterans to the trail.
Let’s start with three of my top reasons to hit the trails in all this glorious sunshine;
1) Fewer injuries. Trail is a soft surface that is easier than the pounding from the road and sidewalks.
2) Better technique. Trail requires one to pay attention and adjust on the uneven terrain. A shorter stride is often used with more landing on the forefoot rather than the heel.
But my number one reason is the last one I will list.
3) A mental break. Trail for me means being in the mountains and if you are truly are in the mountains, truly in nature, you aren’t in your head.
This mental break is also a break from all the numbers that are often a part of running. You can’t stress about your pace or time when you are on the trail. It doesn’t compare to road running.
Now that I have you excited to hit the trail with my top reasons of why let’s talk how.
2) Keep your eyes down and paying attention to the trail at all times. This doesn’t mean you can’t stop and smell the roses, just don’t try to smell the roses or look at the birds while running. You want to be scanning the trail a few feet in front of you and know what is coming.
3) When you hit the hills shorten that stride a bit more and keep your back straight.
Pick a good trail shoe. You want a shoe that provides stability and protection.
Know your trail.
Get out and enjoy!!!
Carrot Bundt Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is the best birthday cake ever!!!
Much Peace & Love~
Nichole & Ruthie
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup canola or safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 8ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Finely grated lemon zest of one lemon
- Allow butter, eggs, cream cheese reach room temperature (set out in the morning)
- Toast nuts: cook for 8 min, in skillet, over medium high on stove; stirring constantly and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Generously coat bundt cake pan with butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium low combine water and raisins; cook until soft and liquid evaporates.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer beat eggs for 1 minutes until frothy, gradually add sugar to the eggs and beat until the batter is thick and light colored (4 min).
- Slowly add oil in a steady stream, add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time mixing with each addition until moist.
- Hand stir in the carrots, raisins, and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center removes clean.
- Cool on wire rack in pan for 10 minutes, turn out, cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese till smooth, add powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until reaches a pourable but thick consistency.
- Place cake on serving platter and slowly pour frosting around the top of the cake allowing to cascade down the fluted edges of cake.
- (Frosting will set firm in approx 20 minutes)
- Slice and Enjoy!