Cherry, Pistachio, Dark Chocolate Brownies are a deliciously festive way to celebrate the holidays this year! Chocolate heaven!!
We love these Cherry, Pistachio, Dark Chocolate Brownies! They originally came from my Grandma Louise, who was the inspiration for starting my blog over 6 years ago. I first learned to cook from Gram and my mom . . . we love making her Holiday Candy at Christmas! Gram’s Christmas Karmels, English Toffee, and Christmas Fudge are must-have’s during this time of year! Enjoy.
Cherry, Pistachio, Dark Chocolate Brownies have all my favorite ingredients from Trader Joe’s! We love to use these Trader Joe’s Dried Pitted Tart Montmorency Cherries and Trader Joe’s Dry Roasted and Unsalted Pistachio Nutmeats Halves and Pieces, 8 oz they taste amazing!!
Cherry, Pistachio, Dark Chocolate Brownies are a festive holiday twist on our families favorite brownies!
Much Love and Peace~
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 14 tablespoons butter, 2 T less than 1 cup
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup pistachios, rough chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add butter and melt.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until combined; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy; approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly drizzle in cocoa mixture and mix until combined.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Add sea salt.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center removes clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When brownies are cooled melt chocolate in a small microwave safe dish melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until completely melted or in a double broiler on the stove top.
- Spread melted chocolate onto brownies, evenly distribute pistachios and dried cherries on top.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.