Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is sure to be an added delight this holiday season- it’s quick and easy to make but tastes like you spent all day on it!
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is filled with all kinds of fabulously healthy ingredients that taste like everything we adore about this festive time of year! It’s made with whole grain flour, honey, flaxseed, chia seeds, coconut oil plus fresh cranberries and oranges that bring it all together.
It tastes like all kinds of AHhhhh-mazing!
Our Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread has gotta become apart of your holiday baking this year. . . It’s moist and ever so lovely because all the flavors and moisture are sealed in tight during the baking!
What’s the secret? I’ll let you in on it… as long as you promise to share it with all of your friends! 🙂
Our Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is baked in a Barebones Cast Iron Crock which is so versatile in the kitchen and for outdoor adventuring too! I love them for everything from roasting meat, soup/stews, No-Knead Breads, to cobblers!
What do I love about Barebones Living Cast Iron Crocks? They’re versatile– can be used in both the kitchen and the outdoors, 15% lighter, easy to hold, simple to clean, beautiful and long lasting . . . flavored by cooking and love then passed on to my grandchildren to enjoy! I adore them.
Oh! Another cool thing is Barebones Living has a store right here in SLC, Utah. They’ve got everything outdoors AND it’s outlet pricing (a better value than online), so you can have a personal experience! They also have dutch oven cooking classes too! They are truly a company with a huge heart, as their helping hand reaches throughout the world. . . donating safe shelters in Puerto Rico, Syria, Nepal and more.
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is a recipe you’ll make again and again. . . try making it with different seasonal ingredients too! It’s simple to do by just replacing the cranberries with apples, pears, blueberries, or strawberries just to start your creativity flowing!
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread is a long time favorite in our family and we hope it becomes a fave in yours!
Happiest of Holidays to you and yours!
Much Love and Peace~
Cranberry Orange Quick-Bread
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 tablespoon orange zest approx 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven with dutch oven crock inside to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine white flour, whole wheat flour, milled flaxseed, chia seeds, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon; whisk to combine.
- In additional mixing bowl combine coconut oil, honey, egg; stir.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla; stir.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into well and stir until 80% incorporated.
- Add 1 cup chopped cranberries, mix just to distribute being careful not to over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Carefully and quickly pour/smooth batter into hot dutch oven crock, replace lid, and cook 20-22 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle loaf with sparkling sugar and allow to cool in crock for 10 minutes.
- Gently using 2 wooden spoon transfer loaf to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Slice and Enjoy!