*This is a sponsored post by BarillaUS, Galbani Cheese, and Walmart. The opinions expressed are all me! 🙂
Rigatoni, Leftover Turkey, Ricotta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is the perfect way to enjoy your holiday turkey after the feasting!
Rigatoni, Leftover Turkey, Ricotta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is an awesome dinner to have on hand for after the holiday feasting is over. All you need is just a couple of ingredients and that leftover turkey in your fridge!
I love, love, love new recipes that inspire me with creative ways to incorporate leftover turkey after Thanksgiving or a Holiday dinner! Rigatoni, Leftover Turkey, Ricotta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe works well with light or dark meat OR a combination of the two. . . whatever you have is just right!
It’s so simple to throw together. . . all you need to do is swing by Walmart and grab some Barilla Rigatoni Pasta, Marinara Sauce, and Galbani Ricotta Cheese. Plus, when you buy all three, you get $2 off through Ibotta at Walmart! Then, add your leftover turkey that’s hiding in the fridge! Oh and we can’t forget an onion and a bit of fresh basil!
AND Whaaaa-la! You’ve got an amazing dinner right-ready-to-go in 15 minutes flat. 🙂
I love to shop at Walmart! They’ve got everything I need all in one stop and at awesome prices too! The holidays are hectic and busy for all of us, so it’s awesome to grab what I need, run through the self check out line, and I’m back on my way in hardly any time at all.
I mean seriously!! Just look at all that deliciousness. No one will ever guess that it’s got leftover turkey in it! We enjoyed every single bite, even including my son, who’s the pickiest eater in our family. We couldn’t get enough!
Your family will be in heaven with our Rigatoni, Leftover Turkey, Ricotta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce too. . . you might just have to cook another turkey so you can make it again! 😉
Rigatoni, Leftover Turkey, Ricotta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is going to be a new favorite recipe during the holidays!
Merriest of Feasting to you and yours!
Much Love and Peace~
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package Barilla Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 cup Galbani Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup yellow onion, medium diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups leftover turkey (light or dark) meat, large diced
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- additional Galbani Ricotta Cheese and fresh basil to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and heat to almost the smoke point.
- Add onions and saute for 2-3 minutes; stirring.
- Add turkey and cook 2-3 minutes; warming and lightly browned.
- Add water, stirring and scraping up bits of flavor from off the bottom of the pan.
- Add Barilla Marinara Sauce; stir reduce heat to medium low.
- Once sauce is warmed through (approx 3 minutes) add ricotta cheese, turn off heat, and gently stir.
- Allow ricotta to gently melt into sauce, add sliced basil; stirring once more to incorporate.
- Serve over prepared pasta.
- Garnish with dollop of Galbani Ricotta Cheese and fresh basil leaves, if desired.