It’s FIT FRIDAY around here. . .
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole’s Combo Workout. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Combo Workout. . .
This week’s workout is all about getting the heart rate up while working on some strong sexy muscles. There are some days where I can totally fit in cardio and weights separately and there are days when I have to combine them or just pick one (I love them both…how can I choose?). On those days we combo it up. There are also days where I don’t feel like doing either one, combo days are great then too.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Cherry, Pistachio, Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a healthier cookie with the perfect combo of sweet, salty, and a bit of tang! Enjoy!!
I’m such a fan of dried cherries! I just adore them. They’re tart mingled with sweet and bring a lovely tang to these Cherry, Pistachio, Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Then add in some dark chocolate chunks and pistachios. . . you’re mind will not believe what your tastebuds are saying! SO amazing.
Cherry, Pistachio, Chocolate Chunk Cookies is a healthier cookie and they make a lot so be sure to freeze some to have later too. They’ll keep great in a gallon freezer bag for up to a couple of months. I like to grab them to take hiking with me or when I’m running out the door to something and need a quick pick-me-up.
Cherry, Pistachio, Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe will be put on the repeat list for sure! No one will ever guess they have only a 1/4 cup of butter in 70 cookies! Most of the moisture comes from the applesauce but you don’t have to tell anyone that 🙂
Cherry, Pistachio, Chocolate Chunk Cookies need to happen in your life! Yep, you’ll be thanking me for sure!!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
- 7 cups whole rolled oats
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ C milled flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cups applesauce
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar or 1 C agave (or half and half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol), room temperature
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups pistachio pieces
- sea salt to garnish each ball of dough
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whip butter and sugar or agave; cream until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping with each addition.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, flax seed, baking soda, and sea salt; whisk together.
- Add dry mixture and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add oats in two batches mixing between each addition.
- Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chunks, cherries, and pistachio pieces; stir to incorporate.
- Drop cookies onto prepared pan by the tablespoon or use a large cookie scoop.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to each dough ball before cooking.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until edges are crispy and lightly browned.
- Store in airtight container.
- Dough can be frozen for two months or last one week in the fridge.
- Baked cookies freeze well for up to 2 months.
- Makes approx 70 cookies.
- * if using only agave, add an additional ½ C whole wheat flour