Naturally, saving the best for last we have our Fresh Pear Tart for dessert in our Dinner for Two with Overstock.com Farmers Market bundles!
I hope you’ve been enjoying the previous Dinner for Two courses but just in case here are the links…
First course: Winter Greens and Fruit Salad
Our fourth course is a mildly sweet, but ever so succulent, Fresh Pear Tart. This course would be good to make ahead. If time does not allow for that, then prepare it at the beginning of the evening, allowing for it to bake while you enjoy the other courses. It takes approximatley 45-50 minutes in the oven, so just make sure to keep an eye on it.
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie crust
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium pears (I prefer anjou), peeled
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- sprinkling of nutmeg, for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour and nutmeg.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, whisk in flour-nutmeg mixture.
- Stir in eggs one at a time; custard will thicken with each addition, then add vanilla.
- At this point custard should be thick and smooth.
- Cut pears into eigths, lengthwise.
- Core the slices and arrange them in pie shell. (One large circle in the base with a smaller circle stacked on top)
- Bake 45-50 minutes until the custard is firm and golden.
- Allow to cool and serve with vanilla bean ice cream sprinkled with nutmeg.
This Fresh Pear Tart is a sure way to win your lovies heart! Oh my. It’s simply divine.
Enjoy a communal experience in the comforts of your own home with our Dinner for Two collection of recipes and Overstock.com Farmers Market.
*The beautiful plates and platters are the work of a local artist here in Salt Lake City, read more about CM Ceramic Art here.
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Overstock.com Farmers Market. All opinions are entirely my own.