Winter Fruit and Greens Salad was created from the beautiful produce bundle from Overstock.com Farmers Market which was delivered to my door and is the inspiration for our menu. I wanted to give each recipe a chance to shine so over the next three days I’ll be sharing each one of them.
The recipes will be enjoying are a Winter Fruit and Greens Salad, Pasta with Red Sauce, Basil Chicken with Caramelized Parsnips and Onions, and a Fresh Pear Tart with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Lets get started!
I love communal eating- it takes a romantic dinner to the next level. Just use large enough plates or platters for serving two portions together. It’s a beautiful way to connect by sharing one plate with two forks. Enjoying time together in the kitchen cooking, creating each course, and eating with your sweetie throughout a progressive evening is sure to make for very fond memories.
Our first course is a crisp Winter Fruit and Greens Salad topped with creamy chevre goats cheese and sunflower seeds. The Italians aren’t too hip on salad dressings- they just love a good quality olive oil so I like to keep it simple but I’ll add a sweet balsamic vinegar for a bit of a flavor-pop.
Oh, and don’t forget to grab a fresh baguette to enjoy with each of our Dinner for Two courses.
- 1 head loose leaf lettuce red and green, rinsed and dried
- 1 mango, peel removed and pitted
- 1 apple, cored and sectioned
- 1 orange, peel carefully removed with knife
- 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, for serving
- Thinly slice lengthwise mango and apple slices, producing 7 slices of each.
- Thinly slice whole orange sections, producing 5 slices.
- Tear 5-6 leafs of lettuce into bite sized pieces, arrange on serving plate.
- Arrange orange slice in a circular shape in the center of plate.
- Stack an apple slice on each mango slice, arrange equally spaced around oranges.
- Evenly distribute dabs of chevre, sunflower seeds, and sea salt.
- Serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Enjoy this Winter Fruit and Greens Salad as the first course for your romantic date night in this weekend!
Tomorrow the next two courses of our Dinner for Two recipes will post… Pasta with Red Sauce/Basil Chicken with Caramelized Parsnips and Onions.
Much Love and Peace~
*The beautiful plates and platters are the work of a local artist here in Salt Lake City, read more about CM Ceramic Art here.
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Overstock.com Farmers Market. All opinions are entirely my own.