Baked Goat Cheese, Pomegranate, Orange Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing a lovely flavor combination that is as beautiful as it is delicious!
My cutest little chef-in-training friend Ysidra and I love to get together get our cooking on! We used to be able to cook at least once a month but since my move to the cabin, sadly, it’s not been so often. We got together over the long weekend and had some fun in the kitchen though 🙂
Sidgie’s got some serious skills for a 13 year old- she knows her stuff so creating in the kitchen with her is always a great time! One of the things we created to share with you is this Baked Goat Cheese, Pomegranate, and Orange Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing and in Sidgie’s own words, “it’s the BEST dressing she’s ever tasted!”
*The beautiful plate and platter are the work of a local artist here in Salt Lake City, read more about CM Ceramic Art here.
- Salad base:
- 1 package mixed greens
- About half of a pomegranate
- 2-3 clementine oranges, peeled and segmented
- Baked Goat Cheese Topper:
- 1 10ounce log goat cheese, sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 finely chopped pecans
- 2 egg whites
- Orange Balsamic Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons agave, according to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine nuts with panko crumbs in small bowl.
- In additional small bowl; beat egg whites until frothy.
- Dip the goat cheese rounds into the egg whites, then into the blend of breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden brown; approx 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all dressing ingredients in mixing bowl; set aside.
- Next place mixed greens on serving plates, evenly distribute pomegranate seeds and orange segments on greens.
- Once Baked Goat Cheese Toppers are cooked, evenly distribute on each salad plate and serve with dressing.
Make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread or baguette at the store when you make this recipe, you’ll be so glad you did when you’re soaking up every last drop of the Orange Balsamic Dressing with it! Yummmmmm.
Make our Baked Goat Cheese, Pomagranate, Orange Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing for your next holiday gathering~ the whole party will be impressed!
Much Love and Peace~
Ysidra and Ruthie