Autumn Indian Corn Bark is so simple to make and it’s just an adorable addition to your fall festivities!
I don’t know about you but this past year has absolutely flown by… it’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving Day is just a couple of weeks away. Every year I anxiously await for the indian and candy corn packages to make their appearance on the grocery store shelves. Because 1 indian corn paired with 3 peanuts is the combination for a taste bud party in your mouth!
A bit of the sweet of indian corn coupled with the salty of the peanuts~ can’t be beat. You’ve gotta give it a try so you can experience what I’m talking about… this year I figured that delicious combination could only be improved with a bed of chocolate underneath it. AND while were at it why not have 2 varieties of chocolate to make it a lovely autumn treat!
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 cup cup indian candy corn
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 large piece parchment paper
- Lay parchment paper on flat working surface.
- In a small glass bowl add 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp canola oil.
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- Microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Repeat additional 15 seconds if needed but don't burn.
- Pour onto parchment paper and spread with an off set spatula until 1/4 inch thick and even.
- Set aside to cool and set. (if you are in a hurry- you can speed the cool time in the fridge for 5-10 minutes but don't let it go brittle)
- Once semi-sweet chocolate is set, melt butterscotch chips and 1/2 tsp canola oil in clean bowl and in the same manor as directed above.
- Working quickly before milk chocolate can melt- evenly pour butterscotch onto milk chocolate base, quickly spread to cover milk chocolate base; leaving a small boarder of milk chocolate showing.
- Immediately sprinkle indian corn and peanuts over butterscotch.
- Allow to cool to set and break into roughly 2 inch square pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Grab yourself some indian corn before it disappears for the year and make up a batch of Autumn Indian Corn Bark for your Thanksgiving Day gathering.
It’s also an awesome treat to take to football game tailgating or autumn parties… everyone always dies over how amazing it tastes.
Much Love and Peace~