Miss Cathy from Three Kids and A Fish is visiting with us today! Y’all are not going to believe the deliciousness she has brought with her…
Apple Pie Ice Cream! I know. I’m screaming for this ice cream right about now 🙂 Yummmmm.
I won’t keep you waiting any longer…
Apple picking has been a long standing family tradition. Each fall we travel up to the beautiful apple orchards with rows of several types of apples. We taste test each apple in search of that just right apple tree.
When we have crunched into the perfect apple and scouted out the best tree we fill our basket to the brim with crunchy, tasty apples.
This apple pie ice cream is the sweet, cinnamon flavor of apple pie in an ice cream. It’s apple pie a la mode in one sweet bite!
Creamy heavy cream, sweet condensed milk, apple pie filling, and buttery cinnamon pie crust come together in this super sweet apple pie ice cream.
Scoop this ice cream up and serve in a bowl, waffle cone, or a carved out apple bowl!
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1/2 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar-divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-divided
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place pie crust on a cutting board and rub 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon evenly on both sides.
- Cut pie crust into bite sized pieces, spread out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Cool, set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until it becomes very thick whipped cream.
- Whip in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Empty the apple pie filling onto a plate and cut the apples into bite sized pieces, and to the bowl and stir.
- Stir in the pie crust pieces and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Place ice cream in a loaf pan and cover tightly with saran wrap.
- Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight before serving!
Much Love and Peace~
Cathy and Ruthie