Those of you that grow gardens know how quickly a little zucchini plant can produce- once it gets going! If you’re like me you make just about everything out of zucchini you can think of and then some, right?! Well, have you made Zoodles? Zoodles are one of my very favorites and they’re so quick and easy to make you’ll love it!
My awesome neighbor Margot gave me the zucchini in this photo- she is so generous to share her zucchini bounty with us! Thank you Margot 🙂
I bought a simple-to-use contraption at Walmart called a Veggetti last summer and it was worth every cent! Making Zoodles is a cinch with it…
If you want to see a Veggetti video demonstration that I made Click Here 🙂
- 1/4 c. onion
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 chicken breasts, browned and cubed
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2-3 small zucchini made into zoodles
- In a large fry pan, saute onion in butter.
- When onion is almost tender, add garlic.
- Saute until all are tender.
- Reduce heat low to medium heat, stir in heavy cream, salt and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted. (the more cheese you add the thicker it becomes).
- Add cooked cubed chicken to sauce.
- Quickly blanch zoodles in a pot of boiling water (30-60 seconds) and strain.
- Serve chicken alfredo sauce over zoodles, top with fresh basil and parmesan.
Much Love and Peace~