Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne is quick and easy to make; a savory one-pot-wonder the whole family will love!!
Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne is one our families favorites- especially in the summer time when tomatoes are in season! Home grown tomatoes are almost the entire reason I grow a garden, well, that and the fresh basil 🙂
I like to cook with whole grain or whole wheat pasta’s… have you tried them? They only take a little bit longer to cook and I find them more filling and I love the flavor! Give it a go if you’ve never dared~ people can never even tell the difference 🙂
- 1 12 ounce whole grain penne pasta
- 1 15 ounce Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup petite heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leafs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves to garnish
- Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.
- In a mixing bowl combine alfredo sauce and pesto; stir to combine.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, return to pot, add sauce; toss to coat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne is so simple to make and only requires ONE pot! I know. I love that too… less mess and less to clean up after dinner. The other “quick” part about this recipe is it uses alfredo sauce and pesto sauce from a jar. If you really want to get all gourmet about it I love this Alfredo Sauce recipe and my Homemade Pesto is just heavenly. Any way you decide to make this Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne you’ll have requests for seconds all around the table!
I hope your weekend was nice and relaxing. We had a little BBQ with family and friends and then went for a hike. It’s such an amazing time of year for all those fabulous out doorsie things 🙂
Much Love and Peace~