Cinnamon Sugar Strudel Tart is such a treat! It’s simple to make and combines the classic cinnamon and sugar sweetness with a flaky pastry crust and strudel topping! YUM.
I added some vanilla bean ice cream and made it a delightful ‘ala mode’ dessert but it could easily be served with fresh fruit for breakfast or brunch too!
I took this mouth-watering Cinnamon Sugar Strudel Tart to my friend Jacquies birthday lunch the other day… everyone love, loved it! They were even more thrilled when they found out that the crust is a sheet of puff pastry and right out of the freezer section of the grocery store. Sometimes simple is the way to go; especially on those crazy-busy days.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water
- Strudel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole grain rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, softned
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Thaw dough for 40 minutes wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Strudel Topping:
- In a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar, oats; mix.
- Add butter and cut in with fork until small peas sized; set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, unroll puff pastry and press any cracks back together.
- Crimp outer edges to form crust.
- Evenly spread butter over base of tart.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small container, evenly sprinkle over butter.
- Evenly spread strudel over toppings.
- Brush only the edges of crust with egg white wash.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until crust is deeply browned.
- Serve warm or cool.
Cinnamon Sugar Strudel Tart is pretty nice to keep on hand- the ingredients are staple for most pantry’s and the puff pastry stays nice and happy in the freezer for months. I only used one sheet of my package and the other sheet is waiting for the next time I need a fresh from the oven dessert on the fly!
Cinnamon Sugar Strudel Tart will be a recipe the whole family will adore… it’s comfort food at it’s finest!
Happy Wednesday and Happy First Day of July!!
Much Love and Peace~