Spring Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a family favorite! We’ve loved this recipe for at least a decade- we hope you’ll love it too!
I crushed up Cadbury Mini Eggs to garnish our bars but if you don’t happen to have them on hand just chop up part of a chocolate bar or chocolate sprinkles would work too.
I can hardly believe it’s Easter weekend… it seems really early this year! I hope that you and your families all enjoy wonderful food and fun times together 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (10oz) pkg real milk chocolate chips
- ½ C butter, softened
- ½ C peanut butter
- 1Tbsp vanilla
- 3- 3½ C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Garnish- crushed cadbury mini eggs or chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and peanut butter then add eggs; mix well.
- Add sugars; mix.
- Add salt, baking soda, oatmeal, and flour; mix until incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool 2 minutes, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let chips melt and spread evenly over top, cool in fridge completely.
- Then frost, garnish, cut, and serve.
- Frosting: Combine butter and peanut butter in mixing bowl, add vanilla; mix.
- Add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing well with each addition until thick.
- Add milk to smooth out frosting.
I promise you these Spring Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars will be a serious crowd pleaser wherever you take them!
Happy, Happy Friday!
Much Love and Peace~