I’m SO thrilled to have Jesseca from One Sweet Appetite visiting with us today!
She’s brought a delighfully refreshing Easy Lemon Sorbet to share and Oh my goodness. My mouth is totally watering just at the sight of it!
I won’t keep you waiting any longer…
It’s great to be back to share more recipes from One Sweet Appetite with all of you!
Today I want to talk a little about frozen treats. It’s really starting to heat up in our neck of the woods which means we have more and more icy treats making an appearance. One of my new favorite things to make is this Lemon Sorbet. It’s got a fun citrus zing that reminds me of frozen lemonades I used to enjoy as a child!
My favorite thing about this recipe? You can pour it into an ice cream maker OR you can just whip it by hand. Since I don’t own one of those marvelous machines I use the later method. We always end up with light, fluffy, melt in your moth sorbet. Every time.
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sparkling lime water
- Stir together the lemon zest, water, and sugar in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Strain out the lemon zest if desired and allow the syrup to cool.
- Once it has somewhat cooled whisk in the lemon juice and sparkling lime water.
- Place in an air tight container and freeze for 1-1/2 hours.
- Whisk and return to the freezer.
- Continue to whisk every 30 minutes for 4 hours.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
Can you believe it’s that simple? If you want to mix up your flavors you can change the type of sparkling water you use or even add in bits of fruit! We like to sneak in some of my candied lemon slices. It adds a chewy candy that kicks things up a notch.
I can’t wait to to make this Easy Lemon Sorbet… it sounds wonderfully refreshing on these hot summer days!
xoxo~Jesseca and Ruthie