I’m SO happy to have Jen from Bakerette with here with us today!
Her Thee Best Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe looks SUPER awesome! (or is it just that I love, love, love peanut butter 🙂 )
She always brings such delicious recipes to share~ I won’t keep y’all waiting any longer…
I must say this is thee best homemade peanut butter recipe I’ve tried.
Making this peanut butter brought back memories of my childhood…
Not because the peanut butter is homemade–I don’t recall my mom ever making peanut butter–but because I used to make my younger brother and I PB&J sandwiches, pack them up in brown paper bags, and tote them in my white hanging basket attached to the front of my bike. My little brother would sit on the banana seat holding onto me like a leach while I stood peddling off to the nearby park for an enjoyable picnic and swings.
I love my younger brother. He’s the perfect brother. Although he’s 8 years younger than me, he is a gentle giant who, if it were possible, would be translated. Seriously. He’s my perfect example.
So, bro…here’s to memories. This PB&J sandwich is for you!
- 15 ounces shelled and skinned roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- In a high speed blender, food processor, or blender jar (like Blendtec), add peanuts, salt and honey and process for 1 minute or more scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add peanut oil a little at a time and continue processing until the peanut butter is smooth and creamy.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator up to 2 months.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
For other great recipes at Bakerette.com, click on the photos:
A huge thanks to Jen for sharing this fabulous recipe with us…. I seriously can’t wait to give it a try!
Come back and party at Super Saturday with me and Jen and the other gals… opens at 7pm MST.
xoxo~ Jen and Ruthie