Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak is a flavorful marinade for elk or beef steak!
Happy Memorial Day! I hope you’ve had a fabulously relaxing weekend and maybe pulled out those BBQ’s and got them back in use! We did some yard work and planted flowers in the front flower beds. . . along with some grilling time and R&R too.
I was looking through the freezer and remembered about some elk steaks my neighbors had given to me last fall. So, we decided to pull them out and that’s how our Grilled Red Wine Elk and Garlic Steak recipe was created. Then with the additions of Grilled Asparagus and some grilled olive oil baguette slices we had a lovely little evening on the back deck!
Grilled Red Wine Elk and Garlic Steak do not taste gamey at all. . . the red wine in the marinade combined with all the other ingredients help to enrich the natural flavors from the elk. It’s quiet lovely, actually.
Make sure not to over cook elk once it reaches 130 degrees F, pull it off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before eating so with the hold over cooking it’s enjoyed at 135-140 F. Elk is very lean and will dry out extremely quick.
Grilled Red Wine Elk and Garlic Steak is a beautiful way to prepare elk steaks!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
Much Love and Peace~
- 1.5 pounds elk steaks (approx 4)
- ½ cup dry red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon size zip top baggie.
- Knead to incorporate, place in fridge for 8-12 hours allowing to marinate.
- To grill: preheat grill to high heat, place steaks on hot grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until reaches 130-135 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!