Sweet and Salty Peanuts are delightful for snacking and fabulous for topping off your favorite salads or desserts!
Candied nuts are always a must in my kitchen… they’re so great to have on hand to add to any dish that needs an added pop of flavor or crunchy texture! Here are a couple of the other candied nut recipes that I love too… Candied Walnuts, Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans, and Bourbon Spiced Pecans.
Sweet and Salty Peanuts are great to snack on or take with you on any you summer adventures. Next week I’ll be sharing a super fun Candied Peanut Graham Granola Bites recipe that I put them in and it was SOOOOO good!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) unsalted, raw peanuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Whisk until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy.
- Add the peanuts and gently toss to coat.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss.
- Evenly spread the peanuts on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove, evenly sprinkle coarse sea salt, and cool on the baking sheet.
- Topping will harden as it cools.
- Rough chop sweet and salty peanuts for serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Sweet and Salty Peanuts are fabulous on a bowl of ice cream, on your favorite salad, or just for snacking!
You’ll love them 🙂
Much Love and Peace~