Roasted Mushroom, Fresh Ricotta, Parmesan Pizza with a sprinkling of thyme is an amazing combination of flavors beautifully displayed on a whole wheat pizza crust.
I can’t even begin to tell ya’ll how mouth-watering this pizza is… It’s amazing! I had a similar pizza at a restaurant a few weeks ago and I just had to make it again at home! Oh my. Yummmmmm!!
Have you made up a batch of Homemade Ricotta Cheese yet? It totally makes this pizza and it’s so easy!! I’ve been having so much fun with it lately, here’s some more recipes for you to try with yours: Herbed Ricotta Spread, and Pear Thyme and Ricotta Pizza, Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
SO good. You’ll love them all 🙂
- 1 package fresh whole wheat pizza dough (I like Trader Joes)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups roasted baby portabella and shitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- shaved parmesan and olive oil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roasted Mushrooms:
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread mushrooms evenly onto prepared pan, bake 20 minutes; stirring twice.
- Assemble Pizza:
- Press dough out on pizza pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle 1½ tablespoons fresh thyme leaves on dough.
- Evenly spread mushrooms on dough, add dollops of ricotta cheese, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust in golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining thyme, shaved parmesan, and drizzle of olive oil to garnish.
Enjoy this Roasted Mushroom, Fresh Ricotta, Parmesan Pizza it’s seriously amazing!!
Much Love and Peace~