Coconut Banana Cookies with Coconut Glaze are a beautiful combination of flavors that are deliciously meant to be together in a cookie. Mmmmm hmm.
Coconut Banana Cookies with Coconut Glaze will be your new favorite way to use up those overripe bananas! I fell head-over-heels in love with these cookies. You’ve got to make some- just prepare yourselves to be completely awe struck 🙂
AND to make them even more fun I threw in a handful of white chocolate chips because it just seemed like the right thing to do! I think you’ll agree with me … that banana, white chocolate, and coconut are just meant to be together!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (approx 2)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup toasted coconut to garnish, if desired
- Coconut Glaze:
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (to desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and bananas; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until 80% combined.
- Hand stir in coconut and white chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden, remove and allow to rest 1 minute on pan.
- Remove cookies to cooling rack.
- Once cool drizzle with Coconut Glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Coconut Glaze:
- In small mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add ½ cup powdered sugar, mix well.
- Add coconut and vanilla extracts, mix.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, mix in, and add milk to desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Coconut Banana Cookies with Coconut Glaze are going to win the hearts of all your family and friends!
Much Love and Peace~