Sweetness… it’s Fit Friday!!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole has inspiring tips for Overcoming Fitness Slumps. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s tips for Overcoming Fitness Slumps…
After an discussion with one of my favorite clients this week I started thinking more about those fitness slumps that we all get in. You know those days (or maybe even weeks) when we would rather sleep in, go hang out with friends, eat some cookies, or even just get sucked into our latest Netflix series. So how do we get past those moments?
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta, and Pine Nut Salad is one of my favorite way to get those five-a-day veggies!
I just love butternut squash and I just happened to have one hanging around the kitchen and needing to be used up, so here’s the creation that came of it!
I ate some of the squash when it was piping hot out of the oven with sea salt and olive oil. Then refrigerated some and create this salad for lunch or dinner the next day. I’m sorta of known among my family and friends for my delicious salad creations~ I love to find delightful ways to combine healthy ingredients and make eating vegetables an adventure!
Have ever eaten cooked butternut squash cold before? It’s actually just as good as when it’s served warm. If you’re a butternut squash lover than this salad will be one of your favorite ways to get your veggies too!
- 1 butternut squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cups mixed spicy spinach greens (from trader joes)
- 4 pieces roasted butternut squash, cubed
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- coarse sea salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar, for serving
- Roasted Butternut Squash:
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- Peel and de-seed squash, cut into 8 sections.
- Rub with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes, evenly sprinkle ¼ cup dark brown sugar on squash.
- Bake additional 5-10 minutes until soft and very toasted.
- Cool to warm and cut desired amount into cubes for salad.
- Store the remaining squash in air tight container for up to a week.
- Divide salad greens onto 4 serving plates.
- Divide squash cubes between plates.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and pine nuts evenly between plates.
- Top with sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta, and Pine Nut Salad is extra fabulous when you grab a crusty loaf of bread at the store to go along with it! Delish!!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie