Divorced Eggs are a traditional Mexican breakfast with over easy eggs and salsa done two ways plus some highlights from my recent trip to Cancun, Mexico!
One of my best friends, Emily and I recently had a get-away girls trip to Cancun, Mexico! Maybe it’s because we’re both been divorced but we just loved these eggs AND the name is seriously too funny. Huevos Divorciados is the way they say it in espanol, it’s basically two eggs, separated by beans, that are topped with two different varieties of salsa. We just couldn’t get enough of them… breakfast was a delightful event!
Me and Em
A couple pictures of the fabulous food we enjoyed at our resort.
The ocean views were stunning!
Some photo’s of our resort … the sunny weather felt so wonderful!
We snapped this coolest photo of our feet in the waves… it was so beautiful and I loved the sound of the waves!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup refined black beans
- ½ cup salsa roja
- ½ cup salsa verde
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- sea salt to garnish
- Coat fry pan with cooking spray, heat over medium high heat add a teaspoon olive oil as needed while warming and lightly toasting corn tortillas.
- Repeat with all tortillas and keep warm.
- Warm black beans; set aside.
- Cook eggs sunny side up: add teaspoon olive oil to pan, cook over medium low heat, add eggs and cook until whites are set but yellow is runny.
- Stack two corn tortillas side by side on serving plate, add 1 egg on each stack, place black beans in a line between eggs and sprinkle with queso fresco.
- Add one variety of salsa to each egg.
- Add sliced avocado to plate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
I just loved this vintage fountain that I saw in Playa de Carmen when we went there for a day.
Thank you for letting me share our Divorced Eggs and Cancun Trip with you today!
I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~