Avocado Toasts with Red Onion Relish are a simple to make appetizer for every occasion… they’re always completely adored!
You’ll love how simple these Avocado Toasts with Red Onion Relish are to make but everyone will be swooning over how adorable they look. They’re also pretty darn healthy but you don’t need to tell any of your guests about that part!
Avocado Toasts with Red Onion Relish are so easy to transport or make ahead if need be; just toast off the baguette, make the relish a couple of hours before serving, and then slice up the avocados when you right ready to serve.
Avocado’s are in season right now… which is really fabulous when you love them as much as we do! I have to admit that I didn’t acquire this love of mine until I was an adult. As a kid I thought they were the about as yucky as any food could get… good thing our taste buds change every seven years 🙂
- 1 whole wheat baguette, sliced on diagonal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ripe avocados thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon agave
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- parsley, sea salt, and olive oil drizzle to garnish
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Place sliced baguette on cookie sheet, evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl combine red onion, agave, vinegar, parsley, 2 teaspoons olive oil, sea salt; toss to combine.
- Just before serving place toasts on serving dish, add a slice of avocado to each toast, and 1 teaspoon red onion relish.
- Garnish with a light drizzle of olive oil, a sprig of parsley, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Avocado Toasts with Red Onion Relish are great for the Super Bowl which is just around the corner too!
Much Love and Peace~