Turkey, Avocado, Havarti Grilled Cheese is a cheesy, delicious sandwich for lunch or dinner!
I had a friend over for lunch the other day, as I was looking through the fridge to figure out what we should eat… I decided that comfort food was exactly what our snowy day needed. Comfort food has lots of different meanings for each of us but warm and cheesy food usually are two ingredients that are often pretty popular!
I love avocados and I just happened to find them on a really great sale the other day so I loaded up- they really are amazing on our Turkey, Avocado, Havarti Grilled Cheese sandwich!
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6-8 slices deli turkey meat
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter on two sides of bread, place butter side down on skillet.
- Layer 2 slices cheese, half of thinly sliced avocado, and half turkey meat on each slice of bread on skillet.
- Spread remaining butter on remaining pieces of bread, place butter side up on sandwiches.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned, carefully turn sandwiches over, repeat.
- If cheese has not completely melted, cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich is warmed through.
- Slice in half and Serve!
Grab a bag of tortilla chips and some salsa or a bowl of tomato soup goes amazing well too. I like the Tomato and Red Pepper Soup from Trader Joes for a quick lunch or dinner.
Turkey, Avocado, Havarti Grilled Cheese is quite lovely with a bowl of tomato soup!
Much Love and Peace~