Pomegranate Apple Cranberry Cobbler is a festive holiday dessert and a great way to use those leftover pie dough scraps from your Holiday Pie Baking!
You know how sometimes you bake off pies and then you’re left with the parts and pieces of pie dough?! I really don’t like to waste them so wrap them up in the fridge and then make these amazing Pomegranate Apple Cranberry Cobbler for dessert on a later day.
I love that this recipe uses Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, a delicious blend of Truvía® natural sweetener and brown sugar. It has the texture, moisture and taste you adore about brown sugar, but with 75% fewer calories.
So satisfy your sweet spot, bake to your heart’s content and surprise your friends and family with succulent, reduced sugar recipes.
- 2 fuji apple, sliced (approx 3 cups)
- ½ cup fresh cranberries, halved
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- egg white+1 teaspoon water
- 1 leftover pie crust edges or package premade pie crusts cut into small pieces
- Coat 8x11 baking pan or 4 individual ramekins; set aside.
- Egg white+1 teaspoon water; whisk with fork in a small glass or bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine apples, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend, lemon juice, spices, and salt; toss to combine.
- Set aside.
- Cut leftover dough into small diced size
- Add flour to apple mixture; toss to coat.
- Place filling in baking pan or ramekins.
- Evenly distribute pie dough pieces over filling.
- Brush with egg white wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is in less than a week! I hope you are all ready to go and have a wonderful day with your family and friends.
Much Love and Peace~
*this is a sponsored post by Truvia and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own