Cranberry Apple Hand Pies- cranberries, apples, nutmeg, and cinnamon they’ll be the sparkle in your holidays!
I like to enjoy a beautiful dessert with coffee after dinner, but sometimes a whole piece of pie just isn’t going to fit into my already full tummy. That’s when our adorable little Cranberry Apple Hand Pies are the perfect solution!
They’re filled with everything we love about pie but in a 3 bite size or maybe it might be 4 bites if you’re a dainty eater 🙂
I love to create for Truvia! I especially love their Brown Sugar Baking Blend… it tastes just like brown sugar but with 75% less calories. I’ll take less calories any day! Click here to find my other Truvia creations– you’ll love them all.
I’m so excited to be taking part in @Truvia’s Friendsgiving this week — check out Lemon Tree Dwelling’s appetizer Brown Sugar Walnut Brie and The Taylor House’s entree Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, and then enjoy our Apple Cranberry Hand Pies for dessert recipe!
- 1 fuji or honeycrisp apple, diced (approx 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup cranberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- egg white+1 teaspoon water
- 1 package premade pie crusts
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat; set aside.
- Egg white+1 teaspoon water; whisk with fork in a small glass or bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine apples, cranberries, Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend, lemon juice, spices, and salt; toss to combine.
- Set aside.
- Using a 2-3 inch biscuit or circular cutter; cut out discs from dough.
- Add flour to apple mixture; toss to coat.
- Working with two discs of dough at a time; brush the outer edge of the bottom disc with egg white wash.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple filling in center of bottom disc, cut air holes in the top disc, and set on filling.
- Crimp the top and bottom discs together with the tines of a fork.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with additional discs.
- Brush hand pies with egg white wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Cranberry Apple Hand Pies served up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg takes this dessert right over the top!
Much Love and Peace~
*this is a sponsored post by Truvia and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own