*this is a sponsored post by Ragu® but the opinions expressed are all mine!
Momma’s Lasagna is a childhood favorite of mine- it’s sure to bring a smiles to everyone sitting at your dinner table!
I love this recipe because it’s a one-pot, quick, and easy weeknight dinner that’s made with Ragu®Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil sauce. Nothing says comfort-food to me like a huge pan of cheesy lasagna deliciousness piping hot right outta the oven… it’s the BEST!
My mom was pretty innovative back in the 70’s… she was one of the first to come up with the idea of NOT cooking the noodles before making a pan of lasagna. She’d always make lasagna with hard noodles, drizzle water around the edges of the pan, and then bake it off! It was genius!! Even in the 90’s when I was newly married and making it her quick and easy way, people were always amazed that was so simple to make and tasted so much better.
My kids are getting all grown up these days, leaving home and making their own way in the world! They grew up with a love of my Momma’s Lasagna too, naturally, I had to bring the whole family together to properly share this recipe with you!
Madi and Kate are my girls on the left and our adopted little Saddie joined us for the evening…
I love my kids so much and I also love how food memories tie us together, no matter where we are… the smell of Momma’s Lasagna recipe brings all our hearts back home.
My son Jake doesn’t mess with any of the sides- he’s all about the Lasagna!!
My Madi dishing up her plate in our little cabin…
Ragu® is simple to find, I grabbed mine right from the Italian/pasta isle at Kroger…
- 1 (19.5 ounce) sweet italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 (13.25 ounce) whole grain lasagna
- 2 (23.9 ounce) Ragu® Chunky Sundried Tomato and Sweet Basil sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) lowfat cottage cheese
- 6 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add turkey sausage, cook through until browned.
- Add Ragu® Chunky Sundried Tomato and Sweet Basil sauce to sausage and stir.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 10x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layering 4-5 pieces lasagna noodles, add 1 cup of sauce and spread evenly over noodles.
- Next add ¾ cup of cottage cheese and then mozzarella cheese; spreading each addition.
- Repeat layers 3-4 times ending with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Evenly drizzle 1 cup of water around the outside of the pan.
- Cover with a foil tent, being careful not to let foil touch top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center inserts easily.
- minutes before baking time is complete- remove foil top and finish cooking if a browned top is desired.
We truly treasure the times we get to spend together… Momma’s Lasagne is a food memory that’s tied us together for generations so were very happy to share this favorite recipe of ours with you!
Much Love and Peace~
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu® . The opinions and text are all mine.