Y’all are in for a treat today! Miss Tanya from whiskandmuddler has stopped by for a visit and I can’t wait for you to see what she’s brought to share!
I’m turning it right over to her… Enjoy!
It’s pumpkin time!
Not only because Halloween is nipping at our heels but also because all the Fall (and soon to be holiday- gulp!) baked goods, savory casseroles and side dishes featuring the mighty pumpkin are making their way to center stage now and over the coming weeks.
And to celebrate its versatility and comfort-food qualities, I whipped up the simplest soup you can imagine. This Harvest Pumpkin Soup couldn’t be easier to make. Just two ingredients, a few spices and you’re done.
Harvest Pumpkin Soup
- 1 large cooking pumpkin ( I used an heirloom variety from my garden)
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line two (2) standard baking sheets with foil.
- Slice the pumpkin in half.
- Remove inner stringy pulp and seeds.
- Clean the seeds and set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin into larger, evenly-sized pieces and spread out one of the baking sheets.
- Drizzle liberally with a good oil olive and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cleaned seeds on the other baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the pumpkin in upper rack and the seeds on the lower rack of oven.
- Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes, or just until pumpkin is fork tender.
- Keep an eye on the seeds and periodically turn them when baking so as not to over-brown.
- Heat chicken broth in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once it comes to the boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- When pumpkin is done, cool slightly and then remove skin.
- Place pulp into a blender then pour in chicken stock.
- Add the spices and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with roasted seeds and chives.
Here are a couple more recipes of Tanya’s to enjoy…
Visit Tanya at: www.whiskandmuddler.com or find her on: facebook | twitter | pinterest | instagram | delectable | bloglovin’
Much Love and Peace~
Tanya and Ruthie