Chicken Tostadas with Chili Crema a crispy tostada piled high with cabbage, shredded chicken, queso fresco cheese, and topped off with chili crema! They’re simple to make at home with all that south of the boarder flavor.
Oh and we can. not. forget. the fresh squeeze of lime juice that makes it truly authentic!
Recently, I had the wonderful opportunity to visit central Mexico with my sister and daughter. While we were there we enjoyed a Chicken Tostada as part of our meal at a restaurant in Puebla, Mexico …
I loved them so much that I just had to reproduce them at home and share them with all of you!
In Puebla we went to the market… a found these awesome handmade masquerade masks!
Enjoyed listening to a father and son practice singing and playing outside a coffee shop…
I was taught how to make corn tortillas by hand in our hostess kitchen- she makes them and sells them everyday! (she was very patient with me)…
They all thought we were really tall~ just incase you were wondering; it was quite often commented on 🙂
We had an amazing visit and fell in love with the people and ways of Mexico!
Now make yourself a Chicken Tostada with Chili Crema and join the fiesta!! Arrrriba 🙂
- 4 corn tostadas
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup queso fresco cheese crumbles
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Chili Crema:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1 tostada on each serving plate.
- Evenly distribute ½ cup cabbage on each tostada.
- Evenly distribute ½ cup shredded chicken on top of cabbage, then add 2 tablespoons queso fresco.
- Chili Crema:
- In a small container combine all ingredients; stir to combine.
- When ready to serve drizzle 1 tablespoon Chili Crema over each tostada and serve with lime wedges.
- Chicken can be served warm or cold.
Much Love and Peace~