Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans are a must-have for topping off your favorite dessert or salad!
Jake and I are completely addicted to these Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans! Oh my. I think we ate half the batch in about 15 minutes 🙂
They are the perfect topping to any salad or dessert… Sweet and salty with just a little bit of heat on the back end. If you like spicy-er foods then turn up the heat on the cayenne in this recipe. We used 1/4 teaspoon and it was just perfect for us!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how much heat you like)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) unsalted, raw pecans halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt.
- Whisk until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy.
- Add the pecans and gently toss to coat.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss.
- Evenly spread the pecans on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the baking sheet.
- Topping will harden as it cools.
- Rough chop candied pecans for serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Try these Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans on yesterday’s Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette… they are the cats meow! For reals 🙂
I hope your Tuesday is absolutely wonderful!
Much Love and Peace~